One of the best parts of summer – juicy, delicious peaches! Enjoy this fruit to the fullest in this easy skillet peach crumble recipe.
This super easy skillet peach crumble is next to irresistible! The sweetness of the fruit pairs so nicely with the grounded pecan, brown sugar and melted butter crumble crust. The secret ingredient that makes this dish so good – bourbon vanilla!
Can you truly experience summer without peaches? This super sweet, seasonal fruit is one of my favorite things about super hot, summer days. As you know, the fall season is really what I crave. But summer does have a few perks – and peaches are one of them!
The thing I love about this crumble recipe is just how easy it is so make. Fresh peaches are always my first choice but I didn’t feel like venturing out of the house just for fresh fruit. So I made this with frozen peaches I had on hand and it turned out absolutely delicious!
Cooking everything in a skillet just simplifies this recipe even more! First, butter is browned in the skillet. Then the peaches, brown sugar and bourbon vanilla are added right into the skillet.
It only takes a few minutes to start smelling this sweet peach aroma in your kitchen. I love how baking feels the home with the best scents. Probably why I love doing it so much. Well – and the eating part of course. 🙂
Then the skillet goes into the oven to allow the peaches to bake. While they’re baking, it’s time to make the crumble.
Toss together some ground pecan, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and melted butter. Combine until a crumble consistency forms. Then remove the peaches from the oven and sprinkle the crumble over the top. Then back into the oven to finish baking.
The results? A super yummy summer dessert you will want to make again and again. Or until the peaches are no longer around. 🙁
Now if you’re loving everything about this easy skillet peach crumble recipe but worried about making it because you don’t own an iron skillet – no worries!
You can easily make this dessert in a 9×13 baking dish as well. Just brown the butter on the stove, then transfer the butter to the dish. Then simply add the peaches, and continue on as instructed!
This crumble is so pretty, super simple to make, and such a great summer dessert to serve to family and friends. Top it with vanilla ice cream for the best peach dessert to end a lazy, hot summer day!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5-6 ripe but firm peaches, thinly sliced (about 6 cups sliced)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla extra
- 1 cup all-purpose flours
- 1/2 cup finely ground pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- cinnamon sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Add 4 tablespoons butter to a 12-inch oven-safe skillet set over medium heat. Allow the butter to brown until it smells toasted and is a deep golden brown, stir often, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the peaches, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and bourbon vanilla, tossing to combine. Transfer to the oven and bake 10-15 minutes
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ground pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Add 6 tablespoons melted butter and mix until just combined. Remove the peaches from the oven and sprinkle the crumble over the peaches. Dust with cinnamon sugar if you like.
4. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden on top. Let cool 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temp with ice cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 4gSugar: 45gProtein: 3g
If you are looking for even more fabulous fruit desserts, be sure to check out my friends recipes below:
Easy and Tasty Summer Peach Tart // Robyn’s French Nest
Wild Maine Blueberry Pie // Finding Lovely
Bluberry Crumble Kit for Overnight/Weekend Stays // Most Lovely Things
Simple Summer Fruit Crostata With Lemon Cream Cheese Filling // Twelve On Main
Summer Peach Salad // Paint Me Pink
Peach Crisp with Fresh Peaches // Happy Happy Nester
Raspberry Strawberry Shortbread Cookies // My 100 Year Old Home
Fresh Strawberrry Cream Cheese Cake // Tatertots & Jello
Mini Tri Berry Trifle // Thistlewood Farms
Easy & Delicious Red Wine Sangria // Maison de Cinq
Grilled Stone Fruit and Cheese Pairings // My Sweet Savannah
Easy Skillet Peach Crumble // Inspiration For Moms