This is our favorite quick and easy blueberry muffins recipe! They are soft, moist and loaded with a ton of fresh, juicy blueberries. Topped with a cinnamon turbinado sugar streusel to give it the iconic bakery style touch.
So easily prepared with just a couple mixing bowls (no hand mixer required!) and some staple kitchen ingredients, you are gonna love every bite of this recipe!
Muffins are just the best because they’re so easy to make and everyone in our family loves them! They’re perfect for a delicious breakfast, can be the prettiest addition to any brunch and also make for a fantastic snack for the boys!
They’re also the perfect baked good to share friends or even take to a special Mother’s Day brunch.
This quick and easy Blueberry Muffin recipe takes just 15 minutes hands on time and just 20-25 to bake. So that means, you could be enjoying fresh, warm muffins in just a little over 30 minutes!
Why Do I Love Blueberry Muffins?
Growing up I didn’t eat a ton of muffins. But after I got married, Chris introduced me BIG TIME to the world of muffin recipes. He’s not a huge fan of cookies, cakes or pies. No the way to his heart is giving him a dozen muffins!
And he especially loves them with fruit. Blueberry is his first choice, but he loves raspberry too! So I started making a ton of muffins and the more I did, the more I got hooked and became a huge muffin lover myself! And the more I baked, the more I tweaked the recipes until, well – perfection happens.
So let me introduce you to the fluffiest, moistest blueberry muffins of your dreams, complete with a sweet big, muffin top sprinkled with crunchy turbinado sugar and cinnamon. You are going to love them!
Ingredients for Irresistible Blueberry Muffins
The great thing about this recipe is, besides the fresh blueberries, you probably already have everything you need in your kitchen!
To make these delicious blueberry muffins you will need:
If you don’t have turbinado sugar, you can substitute with white or even brown sugar. But I highly recommend the turbinado. It takes the muffin to the next level by creating that fabulous bakery-style sweet crumble on top of the muffins. So good and totally worth the extra trip to the store!
How To Make Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping
The complete (more detailed) instructions for making these sweet blueberry muffins are listed in the recipe card further down in the post below. These are just the basic steps to give you a quick overview of the process:
There really is no complicated steps, tricks or secret ingredients in this homemade blueberry muffins recipe. It’s so easy, that any beginner baker could make these perfect the first try!
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a sperate medium bowl.
- Then, add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, then fold in the fresh berries.
- Make the streusel topping.
- Pour the mixed batter into a prepared muffin tin or paper liners and sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, or inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Tips & Tricks For Making The Best Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Toss a little of the dry muffin flour mixture with the fresh blueberries. This will help the blueberries evenly distribute throughout the batter and prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffin during the baking process.
- If you over fill your muffin cups and end up with a few empty muffin pan cup spaces, add 1 tablespoon of water to the empty cups when baking. Muffins tend to burn faster in a pan with empty cups.
- Don’t over mix your batter or your muffins will become tough. To preserve that moist, tender crumb we are all looking for in a good blueberry muffin, fold the blueberry muffin batter together until just combined!
- Style up your fluffy muffins with some fun tulip muffin liners. These cupcake liners are so much easier to unwrap and they’re great at catching all the crumbs!
FAQs About Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Don’t forget to PIN this classic blueberry muffins recipe for later! It’s definitely a keeper. Heck, I’m even gonna suggest you whip up some blueberry muffins right now!
The Best Quick and Easy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk, or more as needed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar (can substitute white)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- For the muffins: Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Combine egg and milk in a small bowl. Add melted butter; stir until combined. Pour into flour mixture and mix just until batter is combined. Fold in blueberries; set batter aside.
- For the streusel topping: Combine sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling right to the top. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
Toss a little of the dry muffin mixture with the fresh blueberries to help coat them help them to even distribute throughout the batter. And it will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffin during the baking process.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
If you are looking for even more yummy brunch ideas for Mothers Day or any day, be sure to check out these yummy recipes from my friends below:
Blogger’s Best Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes
- Strawberry Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling | Twelve on Main
- No Bake Lemon Cream Pie | My Sweet Savannah
- Easy Brunch Flower Cinnamon Rolls | Tatertots and Jello
- Blueberry Brioche French Toast | Judy Dill
- Blueberry Muffin Recipe | Happy Happy Nester
- Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet Recipes | My 100 Year Old Home
- Best Quick and Easy Blueberry Muffins Recipe | Inspiration for Moms
- Lemon Creme Shortbread Crumble Tart | Finding Lovely
- Orange Cresent Rolls | Eleanor Rose Home
- Quick & Easy Pita Pizza with Pear & Gorgonzola | Most Lovely Things