Celebrate spring with a sweet treat everyone will love! These soft and chewy spring Easter M&M Cookies are colorful and delish – all in one bite.
One of the boys favorite after dinner treats is soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. In fact, the main man of the house loves them so much – I have to hide half the batch or they will be all gone the first night.
So when I spotted these Easter M&M’s at our local grocery store, I knew they would be the perfect addition to my classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. And boy was I right!
These chewy cookies taste just like a delicious cookie should! They are thick with a slight crunch around the edges and a soft center. The M&M’s – well that’s the little extra addition that takes this simple cookie recipe to the next level. Especially for this M&M lover!
Ingredients for Spring Easter Cookies
The ingredients list will look very similar to a classic chocolate chip cookies recipe with M&M’s added.
Just a few simple ingredients is all you need for these deliciously easy spring cookies:
How To Make M&M Easter Cookies
The complete (more detailed) instructions for making these cute cookies are listed in the recipe card further down in the post below. These are just the basic steps to give you a quick run down of the process:
- Combine dry ingredients – Whisk together the dry ingredients so everything gets incorporated together.
- Combine wet ingredients – Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy and then add eggs and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients – Combine the ingredients together until just combined. Don’t overmix – it will be a little chunky!
- Add the M&M’s and chocolate chips – For best results, you will want to use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix in the m&m’s by hand. The m&m’s can get crushed if you mix them in the stand mixer. Not the look we want!
- Form into balls – Use a regular size cookie scoop to form the dough balls. Press a few M&M’s and chocolate chips into the dough balls.
- Bake – Place the balls on the baking sheet. Don’t overbake them! After the 10-11 minutes, they will look a little underdone, but they will cookie a little more as they cool and be perfect!
Tips & Tricks for Baking The Best Cookies
- Make sure your butter is softened but still cool to the touch. Using butter that is too soft will lead to cookies that spread too thin in the oven.
- Press chocolate chips and candies into the top of the cookie dough balls just before or just after baking.
- To make your cookies perfectly round, place a large glass or biscuit cutter over cookies that have cooled for about 2 minutes, spinning the ring gently around the cookie.
Frequently Asked Questions
I hope you give these cookies a try and if you loved them – I would love a star review! Thank you in advance. 🙂
Spring Easter M&M Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 1 cup Easter M&M's, plus more for topping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f.
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar for about 2-3 minutes, or until fluffy.
Add the eggs and beat until blended. Add the vanilla and beat until blended.
Scrape the sides of the bowl down and add the flour mixture. Mix on medium just until the flour is mixed in.
Switch to a wooden spoon (trust me, it will break the M&M's to use the mixer) and stir in the chocolate chips and M&M's.
Scoop into balls on the cookie sheet. Press 2-3 m&m's and chocolate chips on top from your leftovers and roll into smooth balls.
Place cookie dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet, I prefer only 8, by doing sets of 2s and bake for 10-11 minutes. Cookies will appear slightly under-baked. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack to cool.
Store cookies in air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You should only be able to gently press into butter. If a finger goes through the stick you've let it get too soft.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hiware 2-Pack Cooling Racks for Baking - 10" x 15" - Stainless Steel Wire Cookie Rack Fits Jelly Roll Sheet Pan, Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet, 2-Pack, Silver
Pastel Classic Flavored M&Ms Bulk Bags, Candy Coated Milk Chocolate Treats, Easter Basket and Egg Fillers, 2 Pack, 10 Ounces (2 Pack (10oz Bags))
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g