Yesterday, after I shared my weekly M.A.D. menu, I received a request from a reader to share the recipe for Huevos Rancheros with Zucchini and Red Bell Peppers. Stacy, I am happy to share…
Prep and Cook Time: 30 min.
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 zucchini, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1 10-ounce can of Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies), undrained
4 6-inch corn tortillas
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1) Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; saute 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
2) Add water, salt, cumin, pepper, and Rotel. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
3) Gently break 1 egg and then slip the egg onto the tomato mixture; repeat procedure with remaining eggs. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until eggs are done.
4) Warm tortillas in microwave or oven.
5) Sprinkle eggs with cheese and cover for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
6) Place 1 tortilla on each plate. Spoon one egg and 3/4 cup tomato mixture onto each tortilla. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!!
Do you have a Recipe Request?? Just leave a comment or send me an email at [email protected]