We all know that Mason jars are perfect for canning,
but did you know they can do more than preserve your summer veggies?
Have a ‘ball’ discovering six new uses for these famous glass canisters. 🙂
1) Organize your arts and crafts. These clear glass Mason jars make it easy to find what you are looking for; from crayons to pom poms.
2) Make a feeder for the yard. Learn how to create this cute as a bug Mason jar bird feeder with some step-by-step directions.
3) Enjoy your favorite beverage in style. Create the antique blue glass look by mixing transparent blue glass paint with paint thinner. Use the mixture to paint the outside of the Mason jar (careful to avoid drips and runs). Let dry, then bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Then simply punch a hole slightly bigger then your straw into the top of the jar lid.
4) Use as personalized blender. Did you know that many detachable blade assemblies screw right onto a small-mouthed Mason jar? Don’t fill more than half way though and avoid hot liquids.
5) Create a colorful candle holder. Martha shares how to paint Mason jars for colorful lanterns for your back yard trees or for your summer dining table. Watch the video for the step-by-step tutorial.