Coconut oil is great to cook with because it adds a subtle richness to foods
and it won’t break down at high temperatures which means it’s great for frying foods.
But there’s more to this nut than just cooking…
1) Shoo bug, shoo. Mix coconut oil with a few drops of peppermint oil to keep those pesty bugs away from your summer fun.
2) Remove rust. Rusty scissors? Before you throw them out, rub some coconut oil on the blades then let sit for an hour, rinse with warm soapy water.
3) Yes, sunscreen. Slather on some coconut oil for a great smelling sunscreen. Bonus: it’s also a great skin moisturizer.
4) Spots be gone! Apply coconut oil directly to age spots (also known as liver spots), it will help them fade away.
5) Polish your furniture. Mix coconut oil with a little lemon juice to polish your wood furniture.
6) Stop the itch. Mosquito bites got you scratching like crazy? Dab on some coconut oil to stop the itch. Bonus: it can help the bite heal without scaring and decrease the risk of infection because of it’s amazing antibacterial properties.
Do you know any other great new uses for coconut oil?