Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 large eggs, beaten
8 oz. crushed pineapple, undrained
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups chopped pecans
2 bananas, chopped
homemade cream cheese frosting
8 ounces cream cheese
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To make cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the oil and eggs, stirring until moistened. Stir in the pineapple, vanilla, 1 cup nuts and bananas. Do not use a mixer!!!!
4. Pour into a greased and floured 9×13 baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Let cool.
5. Frost the cake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
To make cream cheese frosting:
1. Place cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add butter, and beat until fluffy.
2. Reduce speed to low; gradually add sugar, and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, and mix to combine.