Gluten-Free Italian Strawberry Tart
Hi there friends! Long time, no see. You may have noticed I took about a week off since little Britton was born. It wasn’t really planned rather, Britton has insisted on nursing 24/7. So getting on the computer has been next to impossible. I was lucky today and managed to sneak away to share with you a sweet dessert that is perfect for this time of year.
I’m all about strawberries. Why? For two reasons, the first being I absolutely love strawberries. (What’s not to love?!) The second, the grocery stores are packed! Did you notice tons of this delicious red fruit stocked for Valentine’s Day? I say, take advantage of the abundance and get to cookin’!
If you love strawberry desserts, you’ll want to check out my twist on the traditional banana split. I promise you, my Banana Split Dream Pie is a complete dream to make and eat!
Recipe: Gluten-Free Italian Strawberry Tart
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Serves 10 / 231 calories per serving
- 8-inch springform pan
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (or substitute with all purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- vanilla ice cream
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Lightly grease the 8-inch springform pan.
3) In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4) In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar. Add eggs and milk and beat until combined.
5) Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and stir by hand just until moistened. You do not want to over mix.
6) Spread the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Press strawberries halves deep into dough making a circular pattern of 2 to 3 rows.
7) Bake 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8) Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I have high hopes that my strawberry patch will yield more berries for us and fewer for the chipmunks this year. Pinning for future reference!
Oh wow! I don’t even think I’d need the ice cream (but I’d take it LOL). Thanks for linking up at Found & Foraged!
YUM!! That looks delicious!! Pinning it!!
I love your gluten free recipe for this Strawberry Tart. Delicious! Thank you very much for joining in the celebration of #purebloglove, we enjoy having you each week. I hope to see you on Thursday at 8PM, EST through Sunday night. ~Cydnee
This is a delicious dessert. Thanks so much for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday party last weekend. Your recipe is featured on the Daily Dish Magazine. We look forward to seeing you again with another delicious recipe.
A FFF co-host,
Beautiful dessert! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Thank you for linking your recipe to Creative K Kid’s Tasty Tuesdays’ party. I have pinned your post to the Tasty Tuesdays Pinterest board
This looks so delicious – love that it’s gluten free! Pinning!
I just know this is delish! I love recipes like this that aren’t too much work but give a great payoff! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us on Throwback Thursday!!