Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
3/4 – 1lb. ground turkey
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3/4 – 1 cup grated medium cheddar cheese
1 (7 oz.) can diced green chili
1 (16 oz) can vegetarian refried beans
1 (15 oz.) can green chili sauce (I like Stokes brand)
1 (8 ct.) pkg of burrito flour tortillas
1. Cook turkey, then drain and place in large mixing bowl; set aside.
2. Saute onions till clear and tender, add to turkey.
3. Add refried beans and green chili to the turkey and onion; mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Open green chili sauce and take about 1/3 cup and spread on the bottom of large casserole dish. Add about 1/4 cup water to dilute the sauce if necessary.
5. Open tortillas, fill each tortilla with 1/4-1/3 cup of mixture, spread and then roll. Place roll side down in casserole. Repeat until all tortillas are filled and placed close together.
6. Add 1/4 cup water to remaining enchilada sauce; mix in can. Then pour over entire burrito casserole and spread evenly.
7.Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
You may like to garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole. Enjoy!