Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped ( I used a red bell pepper)
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon paprika
salt and ground pepper, to taste
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 of 8-ounce fresh mozzarella ball, cut into cubes
1/2 cup Swiss cheese, cut into cubes
1) Fold a 2-foot long piece of tin foil in half and place on bottom and up sides of slow cooker, adjusting for cooker size.
2) In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, green bell pepper, breadcrumbs, paprika, and salt and pepper. Mix well with hands until thoroughly combined.
3) In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk. Add to meat mixture and mix well. Then add Italian seasoning and cheeses and mix thoroughly until combined.
4) Shape into a low flat loaf and press into cooker. Cover, tucking foil ends under lid. Cook for 5 hours on high, until juices run clear when meat loaf is pierced with a fork, and cheeses are bubbling.
5) Preheat boiler. Transfer meatloaf to a broiler pan and brown on second rack position for about 5 minutes, until light crust is formed. Remove and enjoy!