We all know that placemats are perfect for protecting our
tables from our dishes and flatware.
But did you know that a placemat can do more than just
add some colorful protective flare to your meal?
Discover six new uses for placemats that will serve you well. 🙂
1) Sew the perfect pillow. Sew three sides of two mats together, stuff and secure the fourth side with Velcro.
2) Surf the web. Use a plastic mat as a great surface for your computer mouse.
3) Make lacing cards. Punch some holes in a vinyl placemat with a hole puncher. Use yarn or an old shoelace for lacing.
4) Prevent water rings. Cut damaged or mismatched mats into smaller squares with pinking shears to create your own custom coasters.
5) Create a fun tote. Simple bag can easily be made from a mat with this tutorial.
6) Design a table runner. Sew a few stylish mats end to end to make a unique runner for your table.