I am sure we have all used baking soda to freshen our carpets,
but it has so many other uses.
1) Use baking soda as a hair cleanser. Add a pinch of baking soda to your shampoo once a week to remove buildup. Getting squeaky-clean hair is a piece of cake!
2) Baking soda as a container deodorizer. Soak plastic containers in warm water and baking soda overnight to banish smells.
3) Polish your silver to a beautiful shine. Wash your items, then place on aluminum foil in the bottom of a pot. Add a baking soda solution ( 1/4 cup soda, a few teaspoons salt, 1 quart boiling water) and cover for a few seconds. The results will amaze you!
4) Get your drain running again. Pour 1/2 cup soda, then 1/2 cup vinegar, down a clogged drain. Cover it with a wet wash cloth, wait 5 minutes, uncover, and flush with steaming-hot water.
5) Freshen your linen. Place an open box of baking soda alongside your stacks of sheets and towels to starve off mustiness.
6) Remove those coffee and tea stains. Clean discolored cups by making a paste of baking soda and water. Gently rub over the stain to remove.
Do you know any other great uses for baking soda?