Six On Saturday: New Uses For Olive Oil
We all know that olive oil is useful when cooking your favorite Italian meal. But did you know that same oil has some fabulous new uses outside of the kitchen?
Discover six new uses for olive oil that will leave you looking differently at this kitchen staple.
1) Unstick a zipper. Using a Q-tip, apply a drop to lubricate the the teeth. (Note: Avoid touching the fabric.)
2) Shine stainless steel. Many cleaning standbys, such as ammonia can dull and even corrode chrome and stainless steel. Olive oil, however, is an effective and safe shining agent.
3) Care for kitty. Add 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon to your cat’s food to help prevent hairballs and provide a shiny coat.
4) Remove paint from your skin. Rub on olive oil into messy hands and arms and allow the oil to soak into the skin for 5 minutes. Then rinse with soap and water.
5) Stop snoring. Take a sip of olive oil before heading to bed. It may lubricate your throat muscles, and stop yourself and your partner, from snoring.
6) As you bathe. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to your running bath water. You’ll be amazed when you towel off. 🙂
Do you know a new use for olive oil?
Linking Up At:
My midwife encouraged me to put olive oil in my newborns first few diapers. Made the meconium so easy to wipe off.
I love these ideas!! Thanks for sharing!!
Love these isdeas. Pinned and shared friend:)
Such great ideas for olive oil! thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty