Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into small bites
1 white onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 8-inch flour tortillas, softened
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 4-ounce can diced green chilies
olive oil cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1) In a large skillet, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done.
2) Divide cooked chicken evenly between tortillas; add 2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.
3) Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in baking dish (9 x 12) coated with cooking spray.
4) Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
5) Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chilies; poor sauce evenly over enchiladas. Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.