When life gives you lemons, make more than lemonade…
1) Clean your cheese grater. After shredding cheese or other sticky foods, go over both sides of the grater with the pulp side of a cut lemon to clean any residue.
2) Remove grease faster. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to your dish washing detergent to increase the grease cutting power.
3) Naturally brighten your laundry. Skip the bleach, and add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of lemon juice to the wash cycle to brighten up those dull whites.
4) Combat lime scale. Run lemon juice onto the faucet taps and let it sit overnight. Then wipe with a damp cloth.
5) Relieve a sore throat. Cut a lemon in half. Skewer one half over a medium flame on a gas stove or on electrical burner set on high and roast until the peel turns golden brown. Let it cool slightly, then mix the juice with a tablespoon of honey. Swallow the mixture.
6) Tackle grout stains. Add lemon juice to 1 to 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar to make a paste. Apply and scrub with a toothbrush, then rinse.