Six On Saturday: New Cleaning Solutions
1) Fork as a carpet fluffer. I use this neat trick all the time when re-arranging our sectional. Grab a fork and use the tines to gently fluff plush carpet back to its original height, thus removing the dents left by heavy furniture.
2) Lint roller as a handbag cleaner. Clean the interior of your purse fast by running a lint roller over the lining.
3) Cotton balls as rubber glove protectors. Keep your gloves leak-resistant for longer by pushing one cotton ball into the end of each finger of the dish washing glove. This will help protect the gloves from splitting because of sharp nails.
4) Lemon as cutting board cleaner. Remove tough stains from wood and plastic cutting boards by slicing a lemon in half, squeezing the juice on the soiled surface, rub and let sit for 20 minutes before rinsing. The results: a clean cutting board and a great smelling kitchen!
5) Car wax as bathroom polisher. Use car wax to polish faucets, sinks, tile, even shower doors. The wax leaves behind a protective barrier against water and soap build up. The best part: your hard earned sparkle will last even longer!