Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
4 Granny Smith apples (or whatever baking apples you have available)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
1/4 cup raisins
1 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup water
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Wash and dry apples. Remove core to 1/2 inch of the bottom of apples. Use a pairing knife to cut out first the stem area. Then use a spoon to to dig out seeds. Make the holes to about 3/4 inch-to an inch wide.
3) In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and raisins. Place apples in an 8 x 8 square baking pan. Stuff each apple with this mixture. Top with a dot of butter. (1/4 of the Tbsp)
4) Add boiling water to the pan. Bake 30-40 minutes, until tender but not mushy. Remove from the oven and baste with apples several times with the pan juices.
5) Top with some vanilla ice cream and enjoy!!