Bake up an easy breakfast that is sure to impress the whole family. These golden brown puffed pear pancakes look amazing and tasty delicious!
Does your family have a favorite breakfast recipe? You know the one you can make by heart, no recipe needed, and turns out perfectly delicious every single time? We do and this is the recipe!
My puffed pear pancakes (or also known as the German pancake) have been a big hit for years. And I don’t see that changing anytime soon because this is such a great recipe for a delicious breakfast. 🙂
Pears have always been one of my favorite fruits ever since I was a child. I can still remember when my mom would buy them in the can. Of course her way of serving them was topped with cottage cheese – which I begrudgingly ate.
The juicy pears where obviously the best part! Now that I’m older, I don’t buy them in the can because to me – nothing beats a fresh, sweet pear!
But if you are not a pear fan, no worries! I have made this same recipe with summer peaches and fall apples. Just as delicious! And in my opinion, the different types of fruit just adds some flavor variety to the pancakes. If you feel like being a real rebel – try a combination of pear and apple in your puff pancake. Soooooo good! 🙂
The ‘puffing’ of the pancakes is always fun. I love to peek into the oven while the puffed pear pancakes are baking just to catch the batter starting to rise. Right before they come out of the oven is when you will see the biggest, highest peaks!
Once out of the oven, my favorite topping is of course, maple syrup. But a little dusting of powdered sugar on the puffed pancakes is always a hit with the boys!
I hope you give these perfectly puffed pear pancakes a try and let me know how you like them! Oh – and if you try any other fruit combinations be sure to share as well. 🙂
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
If you are looking for even more easy recipes to try, be sure to check out these posts as well!
Don’t forget to PIN this pear pancake recipe for reference to find it later!
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, preferably a cast-iron skillet in the oven to warm it.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, and salt until smooth. In a separate small bowl, toss the pears with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Carefully remove the preheated hot skillet from the oven and add the butter, swirling until the better melts. Arrange the pears in a single layer in the skillet and pour batter over the top.
- Return the skillet to the center of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges of the pancake are puffed and golden. Serve immediately with maple syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon Whisk
Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids (Set of 5) Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Easy Grip & Stability Design Mixing Bowl Set Versatile For Cooking, Baking & Food Storage
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Assist Handle Holder, 12", Red Silicone