We all know that colanders are useful on Spaghetti night,
but did you know they can also be used for…
1) Shoo flies, shoo. Simply invert the colander and use it as a bug tent over burgers and sides at a cookout.
2) Water-less ice bucket for guests. At a party, stash ice in a colander set on top of a bucket or bowl. Water will drain out, and guests will get only the solid stuff.
3) Sweet storage for berries. Fruit keeps better when air can circulate all around. Keep delicate berries in a colander instead of the plastic container.
4) Sift flour in a pinch. Pour flour into a colander and shake it back and forth over a large bowl.
5) Bath toy fun. (My son loves this one!) Not only is it fun to watch the water drain, a colander can easily round up all those bath toys in no time.
6) Hand-launder dedicates in the sink. A colander shields your clothes from any residue in the sink that can harm the fabric, such as peroxide from toothpaste or caustic agents from cleansers.
Do you know a new use for a colander?